Friday, July 6, 2007

Last Day in Wichita Falls

Yes,
This is Friday, our last day in Wichita Falls, TEXAS. It is not raining, thank God, and some flood waters have receded. We are nearly finished packing. My friend Gordon Dobbins who helped with all the travel arrangements has flown to New York, which is the City of the Covenant in the Baha'i Faith.
Jeanette Hedayati has been a true inspiration in keeping my kite like emotions from getting entangled in the tree tops. I can hardly believe that tomorrow by this time we will be at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport ready to board and fly away. Jeanette advises that prayers for all folks to "see with understanding eyes and discerning hearts" would be welcomed.
The flood in Wichita Falls, Texas has opened many hearts of many citizens here and the countenances encountered are radiant. People are demonstrating true compassion toward their neighbors. This is a wonderful development. I hope that it continues even when the mud rings are no longer visible. God's love is like a flood, it is pervasive and thorough and soaks deep into the soil of our hearts. I will surely pray for all in the Wichita Falls area as I do love these folks around here.
I hope to transfer impressions and experiences from my paper notebook to this blog/diary as soon as we land in Haifa.
Flying Away,
Katt

No comments: